What actually is the Metabolic Syndrome
Metabolic Syndrome is a collective name of certain unhealthy conditions or call them risk factors, which can lead to serious diseases including premature death.
The conditions are -
- Increased blood pressure (hypertension)
- High blood sugar & high insulin levels, this turns into Insulin Resistance
- Excess body fat around the waist (this is the only visible sign)
- Abnormal cholesterol (low HDL) or triglyceride (high) levels
- Chronic inflammations (this is not officially a part of it, we feel it's only a matter of time until it's added
Your risk for heart disease, diabetes, and stroke increases with the number of metabolic risk factors you have. The risk of having metabolic syndrome is closely linked to overweight and obesity and a lack of physical activity.
Metabolic syndrome is becoming more common due to a rise in obesity rates among adults as well as children. It is possible to prevent and reverse metabolic syndrome. Contact our Clinic and make an appointment. It's a step in the right direction for a healthier and longer life without pain.